We are seeking qualified candidates to join our growing team and fill a Mortgage Loan Underwriter position that specializes in FHA/VA and DPA. The underwriter is responsible for reviewing mortgage applications and the credit, income, asset, and collateral documentation that supports it for satisfactory risk and eligibility to agency and investor standards. We are looking for detailed and motivated individuals to make sound decisions that lead to successful homeownership.
· The Underwriter is responsible for analyzing highly complex financial and credit information according to internal underwriting standards, investor guidelines, and federal regulations
· Underwrites a wide variety of product and loan types with a higher aggregate credit exposure including underwriting exceptions not determined through DU.
· Has 3 or more years of experience underwriting government loans.
· Compile, analyze, and document loan data and credit risk, borrower and property information.
· May review more complex loans requiring exceptions.
· Responsible for providing strong and clear communication to processors, underwriters, mortgage professionals and borrowers regarding documents needed for mortgage loan files to ensure quick turnaround time.
· Provide training and assistance to Underwriters I and Underwriters II to assist with performance improvement and developmental opportunities.
· Adheres to all applicable internal NPI policies and procedures, and protects the confidentiality of borrower information.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Detail oriented
· Team player and solution driven
· Follow directions
· Experience with USDA and VA loans/SAR
· Familiarity with Ellie Mae Encompass is a plus
· Experience working in a multiple investor environment
· High school diploma
· Advanced analysis skills in the areas of credit, layered risk, and income.
· Ability to underwrite loans at a reginal level.
· Required Experience with Desktop Underwriter (DU) or comparable automated underwriting system and manual underwriting required. Basic computer skills required. Experience with word processing beneficial. Prefer experience with TMO.
· Minimum of 3 years mortgage underwriting or lending experience
At Neighborhood Loans, we are passionate mortgage lending professionals with one goal in mind – make our clients, our priority. Neighborhood Loans is a Residential Mortgage Lender utilizing a business model aimed at educating and enabling consumers in a rapidly changing market.
Our mission is to provide the finest service based on the highest standard of ethics, values and customer care. In doing so, we will earn the loyalty and trust of homeowners who will become our lifelong customers and friends.
This is a Full-time position; Standard hours: Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:30pm.
We offer Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, $25k complimentary life insurance, Comprehensive paid PTO and sick days, and 401K.
Job Type: Full-time
Short term disability
Long term disability
Basic Life Insurance $25K policy
Voluntary Life Insurance (Employee, Spouse, Children)
Partnership with Life Time Fitness
ADP LifeMart Perks (Discount on services such as travel, car rental, etc.)
Gym access at CorporateLocation in Downers Grove