Primary Location: Remote and Downers Grove, IL
The Staff Accountant will be primarily responsible for maintaining monthly and quarterly branch financial reporting and analysis. The Staff Accountant responsibilities will include ensuring the proper accounting and income/expense allocation at a branch level in order to produce accurate branch reporting. The Staff Accountant will also support with budgeting, forecasting, variance analysis, ad-hoc analysis, and reporting/dashboarding to executive leadership team members and other business leaders. The Staff Accountant takes initiative to identify key decisions and provide actionable information that can help drive effective decision making by stakeholders at all levels of the organization including process improvements. The ideal candidate will leverage strong reporting and analytical skills to derive meaningful analysis and insights from both financial and non-financial data and have experience with database analytics.
*Branch profit and loss reporting
*Recommend enhancements to reporting process and output
*Ensure proper income and expense allocation, along with recommending related enhancements.
*Assist in forecasting and budgeting process
*Variance analysis versus prior month, forecast and budgets
*Evaluate income and expense cutting opportunities
*Analysis on branch reporting versus peers
- Experience: 2-5 years of accounting/finance experience.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related field
- CFA certification preferred or working towards certification
- Experience in database analytics
- Maintain confidentiality
- Strong organizational and data entry skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel as well as Adobe Acrobat and other financial/data reporting tools
- Attention to detail to develop accurate reports and analyses
- Strong sense of ownership to drive positive business results and personal growth
- Ability to work with counterparts, including stakeholders in other regions
- Must be honest, dependable, trustworthy with high attention to detail
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work independently in a team environment with an emphasis on pro-active problem solving
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in the mortgage industry a plus
- Experience with Loan Vision a plus
- Experience with Concur a plus
- Experience with Encompass
At Neighborhood Loans, we are passionate mortgage lending professionals with one goal in mind – make our clients, our priority. Neighborhood Loans is a Residential Mortgage Lender utilizing a business model aimed at educating and enabling consumers in a rapidly changing market.
Our mission is to provide the finest service based on the highest standard of ethics, values and customer care. In doing so, we will earn the loyalty and trust of homeowners who will become our lifelong customers and friends.
Job Type: Full-time
Short term disability
Long term disability
Basic Life Insurance $25K policy
Voluntary Life Insurance (Employee, Spouse, Children)
Partnership with Life Time Fitness
ADP LifeMart Perks (Discount on services such as travel, car rental, etc.)
Gym access at CorporateLocation in Downers Grove