We are seeking a qualified candidate to join our growing team and fill an Underwriting Manager position. The Underwriting Manager is responsible for or providing consistency in leadership, credit quality and decisions, process flow, customer service and risk control for the underwriting team. We are looking for detailed and motivated individuals to make sound decisions that lead to successful homeownership.
- Implement proper underwriting standards to safeguard company assets and ensure conformity with investor standards.
- Stay abreast of trends in the mortgage industry (investor/agency/government guidelines, etc.) and effectively communicate changes to team members and affected departmental managers.
- Manage and assist in coordinating efforts between support departments and sales within the organization. Partner with Production to promote and achieve the highest level of customer service.
- Partner with Compliance, Operations, Closing, Post-Closing and Quality Control to ensure alignment and achievement of risk profile and goals.
- Create a productive department through written and verbal communications. Review and approve communications relating to products, procedures, and other information. Interpret, clarify, and ensure changes to process, policies and procedures are communicated and oversee execution.
- Oversee the day-to-day functions of the remote underwriting department including setting and meeting turn times, completion of minimum files/day by underwriter, listen to pre-recorded Skype calls for training and development of underwriting team.
- Assist in mentoring Jr. Underwriting candidates in preparation of transitioning into an UW I role.
- Ensure loan files are saleable in the secondary market by developing consistent and ongoing training and support materials for the underwriting staff.
- Work to build and maintain written underwriting guidelines and investor overlays.
- Ensure Silverton Selling Guide is up to date.
- Review QC and Post-Closing Findings to identify areas of improvement and training needs.
- Assist in activities related to compliance, problem loans, training and repurchase requests and manage timely responses to all post-closing requests.
- Approve high risk loan requests and act as a resource for exception items/file escalation requests. o Build an effective and efficient underwriting team that delivers quality loans, accurate decisions and customer service on a consistent basis.
- Provide leadership and growth goals for team as well as working with team to achieve company goals.
- Ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations.
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, hiring and training new underwriting staff members.
- Conduct staff reviews as required by Company policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of residential mortgage underwriting experience
- Minimum 5 years of Management role in the mortgage industry
- Experience working with Fannie Mae Desktop Underwriter and Freddie Mac Loan Prospector
- Knowledge of FNMA, and FHLMC policies and guidelines
- Working knowledge of various fraud tools
- Solution driven
- Familiarity with Ellie Mae Encompass is a plus
- Experience working in a multiple investor environment
At Neighborhood Loans, we are passionate mortgage lending professionals with one goal in mind – make our clients, our priority. Neighborhood Loans is a Residential Mortgage Lender utilizing a business model aimed at educating and enabling consumers in a rapidly changing market.
Our mission is to provide the finest service based on the highest standard of ethics, values and customer care. In doing so, we will earn the loyalty and trust of homeowners who will become our lifelong customers and friends.
This is a Full-time position; Standard hours: Monday-Friday 9:00am-5:30pm.
We offer Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, $25k complimentary life insurance, Comprehensive paid PTO and sick days, and 401K.
Job Type: Full-time
Short term disability
Long term disability
Basic Life Insurance $25K policy
Voluntary Life Insurance (Employee, Spouse, Children)
Partnership with Life Time Fitness
ADP LifeMart Perks (Discount on services such as travel, car rental, etc.)
Gym access at CorporateLocation in Downers Grove