Mortgage Loan Originator: Consumer Direct
Neighborhood Loans is a Residential Mortgage Lender equipped with a diverse array of products servicing the needs of its customers. Neighborhood Loans has been recently recognized by INC 5000 as the fastest-growing Residential Mortgage Lender in Illinois and the third-fastest growing Residential Mortgage Lender in the Nation in 2015. National Mortgage Professional Magazine also honored Neighborhood Loans as one of the country’s Top 100 Mortgage Employers. In addition, Fortune Magazine named Neighborhood Loans as the Top 20 Best Places to Work. The company utilizes an industry leading business model aimed at educating and enabling consumers in a rapidly changing market. It is this very business model that has helped this company realize unparalleled success since its inception in 2005.
- This position requires S.A.F.E. Act registration at the time of employment through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).- (current Bank originators (non-licensed) can still come aboard during testing process)
- Satisfy NMLS requirements (training, testing, background check and required continued education).
- Maintain knowledge of available loan products, processing procedures, underwriting, conventional and/or government lending guidelines and general departmental guidelines.
- Perform a thorough review and analysis of borrower’s employment, income and assets.
- Schedule and track closing dates, loan lock expiration dates and contingency dates.
- Collect documentation from applicant and deliver loan package within time frame set by management.
- Review loan approvals and handle all required conditions for underwriting and closing.
- Remain well versed in market trends, daily rates, home loan products and the mortgage process.
- Manage loan pipeline for all loans through closing, conduct underwriting analysis and credit analysis.
- Represent the Neighborhood Loans brand by incorporating unparalleled customer service.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Over 3 years of recent and relevant experience in a process oriented role, preferably within the residential mortgage industry – conventional, FHA, and VA.
- Multistate processing experience.
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state regulations and requirements with emphasis on MDA, TILA and RESPA reform.
- Communication skills – excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple time sensitive tasks seamlessly without compromising quality.
- Excellent problem solving skills, demonstrated resilience and ability to proactively address needs.
- Proficient in the following software systems: Encompass, Calyx Point, DocMagic, Microsoft Office Suite and AUS.
Neighborhood Loans is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or any other basis upon which discrimination is prohibited by municipal, state or federal law.
To apply for this position, please email [email protected] with your resume attached.