Mortgage Loan Processor
Interview loan applicants to elicit information; investigate applicants' backgrounds and verify references; prepare loan request papers; and forward findings, reports, and documents to appraisal department. Review loan papers to ensure completeness, and complete transactions between loan establishment, borrowers, and sellers upon approval of loan. Neighborhood Loans is currently looking to fill positions for our Chicago offices. (Old Irving and Bucktown area)
- Verify and examine information and accuracy of loan application and closing documents.
- Interview loan applicants to obtain personal and financial data and to assist in completing applications.
- Assemble and compile documents for loan closings, such as title abstracts, insurance forms, loan forms, and tax receipts.
- Answer questions and advise customers regarding loans and transactions.
- Contact customers by mail, telephone, or in person concerning acceptance or rejection of applications.
- Record applications for loan and credit, loan information, and disbursements of funds, using computers.
- Prepare and type loan applications, closing documents, legal documents, letters, forms, government notices, and checks, using computers.
- Present loan and repayment schedules to customers.
- Calculate, review, and correct errors on interest, principal, payment, and closing costs, using computers or calculators.
- Check value of customer collateral to be held as loan security.
- Contact credit bureaus, employers, and other sources to check applicants' credit and personal references.
- File and maintain loan records.
- Schedule and conduct closings of mortgage transactions.
- Accept payment on accounts.
- Submit loan applications with recommendation for underwriting approval.
- Order property insurance or mortgage insurance policies to ensure protection against loss on mortgaged property.
- Review customer accounts to determine whether payments are made on time and that other loan terms are being followed.
- Establish credit limits and grant extensions of credit on overdue accounts.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Customer and Personal Service
- English Language
- Economics and Accounting
Neighborhood Loans is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or any other basis upon which discrimination is prohibited by municipal, state or federal law.
To apply for this position, please email [email protected] with your resume attached.