If your loan is currently with Neighborhood Loans and you are having trouble making your mortgage payment due to change or loss of your job, serious illness, divorce or other difficult situation, Neighborhood Loans may be able to work with you to enable you to catch up on your payments or assist you in avoiding the loss of your home through foreclosure. Eligibility is based on a case by case basis and we may be able to arrange one of the following solutions for you.

To receive information from the Department of Housing and Urban Development or a HUD certified counseling agency, please call phone number 1-800-569-4287.

If your property is located in the State of Washington, and you would like to speak to a counselor, please call the Washington Homeownership Information Hotline at 1-877-894-HOME phone number (1-877-894-4663). You will be connected to a counselor who is near you that can help.

Repayment Plan

If your situation is temporary, you may be able to pay back your past due payments over an extended period of time while making our regular monthly payment. This will allow you to catch up on late payments without having to come up with a lump sum to bring your loan current.

Forbearance Plan

If your situation is temporary but expected to last long term, you may be able to make reduced or no mortgage payments for a specific period of time providing you with time to improve your situation and get back on your feet.

Loan Modification

After a three month trial period plan where you make payments based on the projected modified terms of your mortgage, you may be eligible to permanently modify your mortgage so that your payments or terms are more manageable. This is a permanent solution to a long-term or continuing hardship.

Partial Claim

Note: This option is only available on loans insured by HUD

You may qualify for a loan in the amount that will bring your mortgage current. The loan is considered a subordinate lien that is payable when you pay off your mortgage. You will be required to sign loan documents as a part of this program.

Short Sale

In some cases, you may not be able to keep your home. A short sale will allow you to sell your home for less than what is owed when you owe more than what your home is worth. This option will allow you to transition out of your home without going through foreclosure and in some cases, relocation assistance may be available.

Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure or Mortgage Release

You may be able to transfer ownership of your property to us when you are unable to sell your home and will allow you to avoid going through a foreclosure. In some cases, relocation assistance is available. You will need to assist in obtaining approval from any subordinate lien holders on your property.

Borrower Response Package information

You must complete a Borrower Response Package and return it to Neighborhood Loans. To help you get started, follow the instructions below and return a complete package to our office.