Mortgage Loan Originator
Neighborhood Loans is a Residential Mortgage Lender equipped with a diverse array of products servicing the needs of its customers. The company utilizes an industry leading business model aimed at educating and enabling consumers in a rapidly changing market. It is this very business model that has helped this company realize unparalleled success since its inception in 2005. By tailoring its suite of products to both the financial aspirations and current financial standing of its clientele, Neighborhood Loans is able to offer a low rate, low fee end product. These products include but are not limited to: Fixed and Adjustable Rate Conventional FHA & VA, JUMBO Loans, Permanent Construction Financing, Reverse Mortgages, Refinancing Options, Relocation Programs, First Time Home Buyer, Investment Properties, 2nd Home Purchases, Commercial and Rehab Loans.
- This position requires S.A.F.E. Act registration at the time of employment through the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
- Satisfy NMLS requirements (training, testing, background check and required continued education).
- Develop referral contacts (realtors, builders, professional and personal contacts) to utilize book of business for business development/revenue generating purposes.
- Maintain knowledge of available loan products, processing procedures, underwriting, conventional and/or government lending guidelines and general departmental guidelines.
- Perform a thorough review and analysis of borrower’s employment, income and assets as required by the particular program.
- Schedule and track closing dates, loan lock expiration dates and contingency dates.
- Collect documentation from applicant and deliver loan package within time frame set by management.
- Review loan approvals and handle all required conditions for underwriting and closing.
- Remain well versed in market trends, daily rates, home loan products and the mortgage process.
- Manage loan pipeline for all loans through closing, conduct underwriting analysis and credit analysis.
- Represent the Neighborhood Loans brand by incorporating unparalleled customer service.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- University or Undergraduate degree, M.L.U or equivalent work experience required. Recent and relevant experience in a revenue generating role, preferably within the residential mortgage industry.
- Communication skills – excellent written and verbal communication.
- Knowledge of federal lending regulations governing real estate lending.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple time sensitive tasks seamlessly without compromising quality.
- Excellent problem solving skills, demonstrated resilience and ability to proactively address needs.
- Corporate experience utilizing basic sales techniques.
- Proficient in the following software systems: Encompass, Microsoft Office Suite and AUS.
Neighborhood Loans is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, color, sex, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or any other basis upon which discrimination is prohibited by municipal, state or federal law.
To apply for this position, please email ren[email protected] with your resume attached.